Reni Parker is a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, Certified School Counselor, and a National Certified Counselor who specializes in grief counseling. She has over twenty years of experience working with families, adults, adolescents and children. Her passion for assisting others through the grief process led her to help facilitate groups at the Cancer Support Community as well as Grey Matters of North Texas of which she was honored to be on the board. She was also involved with the ALS Association Texas Chapter, Muscular Dystophy Association of North Texas, North Texas Youth Connection, and the Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas. She is also the Safe Haven Program Director providing grief groups to children and their families in Denton. Reni facilitated the Anticipatory Loss group through the Journey of Hope Center. In addition to grief counseling, Reni has been a school counselor and special education teacher in the school system, and continues to provide Relief Counseling in schools. She sees clients with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma, for personal growth, PTSD, and those going through life’s ups and downs. She loves Sandtray! It’s for children, teens, and adults.
Reni created My Guiding Light Counseling after the experiences with her father, Milton Lachterman, who battled against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) with tremendous strength and courage. Reni’s father continues to be her guiding light. Through My Guiding Light Counseling, Reni is committed to assisting you on your journey to finding your own guiding light.
As a result of her professional and personal experiences, Reni believes people search for meaning and purpose in their lives through their actions and relationships. People are free to make choices and are thus responsible for their actions. Reni encourages clients to explore their choices for creating a meaningful life. She will listen to your story, understand what you value and then help you find the path that is right for your happiness.
- Texas State Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-Supervisor)
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor(RPT-S)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified School Counselor (CSS)
- Grey Matters of North TX Board (group facilitator)
- Cancer Support Community (group facilitator)
- ALS Association TX Chapter
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of North TX
- Suicide and Crisis Center of North TX
- Texas Victim’s Services Association
- Texas State Certified School Counselor (grades prek-12th)
- Master’s Degree from Amberton University
- Bachelor’s Degree from Texas Woman’s University
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association For Play Therapy(APT)